Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Gary Johnson's "Postcard from Sudan" - Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Here's the latest posting from CCC's Gary Johnson, on pilgrimage with a team from the DIocese of Missouri to Lui, Sudan. Please keep Gary and the rest of the mission team in your prayers and check back here and at http://luinetwork.diocesemo.org/

We are waiting for the car to drive us to the airport which is a combination of dirt and crushed granite. We are flying out on a Cessna 9 seater.

I can't wait o get home and see Linda and our pack. But I'm also sad because of the people I'm leaving behind. The people of South Sudan and incredibly friendly and happy. I have to remind myself that the war has only been over for about 5 years. There is so much need no matter where you look. It can be overwhelming but I remind myself of the saying " How do you eat an elephant......One bite at a time. This is how you have to approach problems in South Sudan. Part of our team this will be their second or third visit and they are amazed at the progress since their last visit.

We will not arrive in St. Louis until the late afternoon onWednesday the 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment